At release, the wine has a deep crimson red colour to the centre with a vibrant purple hue to the edges. There are lifted aromas of red berry and cherry fruit along with subtle black olive and spice. This is a rich, full-bodied wine with intense flavours of ripe red berry fruit, violets and attractive oak characters of roasted coffee beans and dark chocolate. Overall, the wine is well balanced with complex, well-integrated tannins providing the palate with an intense, persistent length.
World Wine Championships Awards BTI 2018 - Gold
- Sakura Japan Womens Wine Awards 2018 - Gold
- Hilton Head Island Wine & Food Festival International Judging 2018 - Gold
- Berliner Wine Trophy 2018 - Gold
- Catavinum World Wine & Spirit Competition 2018 - Gold
- Winemaker Challenge International Wine Competition 2018 - Silver