CMW
Score
98
Skip to product information
1 of 2

Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc Champagne Vintage 2010 "Second Skin"

Champagne

Sale price
HK$1,888   each
Regular price
RRP HK$2,190 
Multi Buy Price
HK$1,688  in any 6+
Multi Buy Discount Percentage
23% off rrp
Last stocks - only 6 left, be quick!
  • thumbs up icon thumbs up icon Amazing value
  • ak's choice icon AK's Choice

Palate Profile

The launch of a new vintage of Dom Ruinart is always quite an exceptional moment. It is the most accomplished expression of a great Blanc de Blancs. Since the release of the first Dom Ruinart cuvée in 1966, only 27 vintages of Dom Ruinart have been presented to the public.

The year 2010 is characterized by a very cold winter, an early summer and a rainy August. During the base wine tasting after harvest, the oenological team realized the 2010 chardonnay was marked with an intense richness and showed the promise of a great vintage.

For Dom Ruinart, the Maison only selects chardonnay from exceptional terroirs, mostly grand cru. 90% of their chardonnays are chosen from the Côte des Blancs (Le Mesnil-sur- Oger, Avize, Chouilly & Cramant), the heartland of this variety, with easterly exposure; and the other 10% are from the north-facing Montagne de Reims, particularly the grand cru sites of Sillery, the Maison’s historic vineyard.

In 2020, Ruinart revolutionised its packaging with the new "Second Skin" case, which replaced the unitary boxes. This sustainable innovation required two years of research and development. 

Dom Ruinart’s chalk wrap offers a new interpretation of this innovation. Velvety soft to the touch like chalk, with its gentle reliefs and crevices crisscross, as if carved directly into chalky rock.

A hand-applied gold marking enhances its exceptional character. The discreetly engraved 1729 on the fastening button indicates the heritage of Maison Ruinart, the world’s first champagne House.

Critic Awards

Really deep flavoured. Very obviously more depth of flavour and tension than the 2009 Dom Ruinart. The cork ageing does seem to enhance the savoury, reduced character reminiscent of white burgundy. Very long with lemon notes. A truly exciting wine that is still extremely youthful.

"Almost like a white, with a smoky and flinty nose. Dried lemons, cedar, smoked almonds, spiced apples, hazelnuts, salted butter and toast. Tangy and sharp, yet creamy and buttery, too, with fine bubbles. Hazelnuts at the end. Disgorged in February 2021. Drink or hold."

Region and Grapes

Region: Champagne
Grape: Chardonnay
ABV: 12.5%

Cellaring Potential

Drink now through 2034.

Our Scoring System

Our comprehesive guide to how we rate our wines.
CMW Score 99

The Cellarmaster Wines score is given out of 100 and this can be seen in our badges throughout the site. This is our independant rating.

Wines that score between 85-89 points receive a BRONZE badge.
CMW Score 85
CMW Score 86
CMW Score 87
CMW Score 88
CMW Score 89
Wines that score between 90-94 points receive a SILVER badge.
CMW Score 90
CMW Score 91
CMW Score 92
CMW Score 93
CMW Score 94
Wines with a score of 95 and over receive a GOLD badge.
CMW Score 95
CMW Score 96
CMW Score 97
CMW Score 98
CMW Score 99

Thumbs Up for Great Value Wines

Sometimes, a wine is not just great quality - but it’s great value too. Look out for our THUMBS UP signal on product pages to know if a delicious wine is worth every penny.

Thumbs Up!

This is a great price which makes this wine great value.

thumbs up icon

BOTH Thumbs Up!

This is an amazing price and the value can’t be beat!

thumbs up icon thumbs up icon

The Cellarmaster: AK's Choice

Andrew Kemeny has been in the wine business for over 30 years and is the Cellarmaster of Cellarmaster Wines.
Look for our banner AK'S CHOICE to know which wines have blown Andrew away.

Critically Acclaimed

If a wine has won any competitions or awards, or has recieved positive reviews from sommeliers, wine connoisseurs or publications, then these will be listed under Critic Awards tab on the product page.

announcement icon

FREE DELIVERY to Hong Kong Island and Kowloon for orders over $1000